DustInFinland

Dustin is in Finland. Here's what's up. I hope you like the blog's funky-fresh new look!

Friday, September 01, 2006

Rocket man...

Hey, gang.

I'm here at the John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York. It is 5pm Raleigh time and 12am Oulu time. Our flight leaves in less than an hour.
I am joined by fellow UNCG students Hunter and Vulnavia, who I was amazed to discover were flying with me to Finland today. (They, too, will be flying with me on the return journey).
I'm not particularly looking forward to the 8 hour flight to Helsinki, but we will manage. I'll take a Melatonin, pop on some soft music, and drift away. I just hope the ba****ds don't wake me up too much! We have already eaten in the airport (very hungry) and can now easily (probably) dispense with the nasty airplane food.
I hope the movie doesn't suck, just in case I can't sleep.
I just heard that we have been delayed 15 minutes and cannot take a bottle of water on board. I'll have to pop the pills pre-flight. Well, we're off to board. More updates once we land!

And I think it's gonna be a long, long time
'Til touchdown brings me 'round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh, no, no, no
I'm a rocket man...

-Elton John & Bernie Taupin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home