DustInFinland

Dustin is in Finland. Here's what's up. I hope you like the blog's funky-fresh new look!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Reading Rainbow: Update A

Dave Barry is Not Taking This Sitting Down by Dave Barry.


I recently finished listening to this audiobook, a collection of Barry's most popular editorial articles from the past few years. Strangely, it was not read on the audiobook by Barry, but by some other guy. He was very good, but I would have liked to have had Barry read his own work, considering that it is all in first person and about him. His humor is a little tame for my taste. Now, I'm not asking or pure filth or anything (not that I would entirely object to that) but it was a little weak. It was good to listen to on cold, rainy nights when there's nothing else to do and I can't sleep. It served as a good source of company when I was lonely during the past few weeks. It's cute. That's all. Don't run to Barnes & Noble or anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home